About me

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Question of the Day- Part II

As promised yesterday, and as an exercise in forcing myself to write everyday, I offer up to you my second probing question.  Once again I remind you that these questions were taken from author Jackson Kiddard as I noted yesterday.  This time...I am going to take a chance and answer this one for myself.  Please feel free to reflect on it-either internally or leave a comment.

If you knew you had a choice about what kind of life you could be living, would you choose differently?

Wow, my first thought when reading this question was, "Hell yeah"!  However, the more I reflected on it and looked at my life, I began to be a little embarrassed at that quick response.  I thought to myself, "Wait, you mean I did not already have a choice?"  I was under the impression that I always had a choice in what kind of life I was living.  Don't we all?  Once we become adults, we make very independent decisions about life- do we not?  I tried to search deeper into my memory to find a moment that as an adult, I did not have a choice in what path I took, what corner I went around or who I included in my life.  The life that I am living in right now, is the result of several independent choices I have made. 

It seems to me this question might be asking, "If you could go back and do over some of those choices you made and change your current life, would you?".  To be honest, I am not sure that I would at this stage in my life.  I made some really bad choices a few times in my life, but I learned from them and I don't think I want to lose the lessons that I gained from the experience.  I guess if I really want to be honest, I would admit that there might be a few little choices made that I would change...like not spending as much money, or telling my family that I love them more often.  What about you?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!