About me

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ready for Another One?

I understand. . . all of my two readers are probably starting to get bored with this, but here I am back again with another wonderful question from Mastin Kipp's The Daily Love and author Jackson Kiddard.  Believe me, I know that few people really read this blog...but these past few days have been a good exercise for me.  My hope is that some of it has touched another person...somewhere, in some small way.  (** Note, please do not in any way misinterpret that last statement!)

"If it were true that everyone you meet is YOU in another body, how would you treat them?"

Boy, I really wish I could get some comments on this one.  It seems at first like a simple question with a simple answer, but is it?  My first quick answer to this one is "I would kick their ass!"  But that is me and most times I really don't like myself very well.  The experts (and my therapist) tell me that I really should not feel that way but that self-loathing keeps me in line at times.   All the inspirational material advises me that I must love myself before I can love another.  Well...darn it, I guess based on my answer to this question -that it TRUE. 

Let me attempt to answer the above question again, the way my therapist would want me to.  If everyone I met was me in another body, I would smile and say "I love you...and you are great!"   STOP....  No, I can't take it!!  I am beginning to sound like Stuart Smalley!  Nope...think I will stick with my first answer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!