About me

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nirvana

Nirvana....The unconditioned mind (asankhata), a mind that has come to a point of perfect lucidity.


I love listening to Nirvana’s music (for a few moments at a time) but I long for THIS kind of Nirvana. A soul in true Nirvana is at peace with the world, has compassion for all and gives up obsessions and fixations. For so many years, my goal has been to reach this state of being and I work at it daily. It is a difficult task and even though I feel that I am close, set backs occur from time to time.

I long for a time when ALL humans can learn to attain a sense of Nirvana. Even though I am very willing, this sense of being takes all of us. We are from different places, different cultures and backgrounds but we all have one thing in common -we are simply human beings with basic needs. If I see a fellow human being in need, I would give to him anything I could spare regardless of his skin color or his status in the community.

I refuse to judge a fellow human being for choices he/she makes for their own life and I am amazed at the number of us that do this daily. We need to all get our own houses in order before judging others please.

Peace and love to all my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!