About me

Monday, August 23, 2010

Another Manic Monday...

Mr. J.C. Penny tells us..."I am grateful for all my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in my difficulties."

Thank you Mr. Penny for that little bit of wisdom. I agree with you wholeheartedly and embrace this wisdom as my own but I wish to add the following:

(1) Nothing in this statement allows for my right to kick, scream, cuss or whine a problem through to its end.  I exert this right with every problematic situation I find myself in. Personally, I find great strength with every dammit, every tear I shed, and every physical punishment I apply to my person. Even though it might make everyone around me feel uncomfortable, these things pump me up for whatever the battle might bring to me. Therefore, I would end this quote with the following caveat, "I fight and I fight hard - please take cover and take nothing I say or do personally."

(2) Sometimes I make a mountain out of an opened box belonging to Pandora. In other words, I create my own catastrophes most of the time. For these self-created challenges I am not so grateful like Mr. Penny. Although, I do learn from the problems and life-challenges created by moi better than those fate hands me.  After all, when you find out that you are the cause of a personal set-back and there is no one left to blame, what possible solution is left?  Only this, Learn, Change, Take Control!

 I do love this quote from Mr. Penny and I try my best. But since I make so many problems and challenges for myself, I sure wish life and fate would stop handing me new ones!

3 comments:

  1. Personally, the word "SHIT!!!", loud and firm, is the best. I get so much satisfaction out of this word that I have decided it's just necessary to blurt it out regularly. Everyone who is near me on a regular basis can tell you my love of this word. It's worth creating chaos just to be able to shout it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a college professor tell me something once that I have never forgotten. When things don't go your way and you are stressed out, you are allowed 5 minutes. Five minutes to feel sorry for yourself, and then, it is over. Move on. That has helped me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beth, oh yes! I have used that word many times. Used to be my father's fav word as well.
    @Kristy - thanks for the comment. the 5 minute rule is a good one. Sometimes it takes me longer than 5 minutes cause I tend to be very hard on myself.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!