About me

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Where am I Going? and A Website to Share

"Whatever you are by nature, keep it; never desert your line of talent. Be what nature intended you for, and you will succeed."
Sydney Smith, writer and cleric

Creativity seemed to take another vacation yesterday.


I made a feeble attempt last night but was severely distracted. My partner insisted on watching Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo which for some strange reason kept bleeding my brain cells dry. It was like passing a really horrific train wreak, you feel bad for the victims but you can not help but watch.

And that was it for the evening. My desire to write only took me as far as opening blogger and staring at the blank "new post" page. Even after a fair nights sleep, getting up and to my office was difficult because I was feeling rather lame and disappointed in myself for not writing something. Several times before arriving at the office I asked myself "Why are you even trying?"

You see, I am one of the lucky ones. I have a job that I enjoy, and work in a comfortable environment with good people that all get along.  I know that I could be doing more, but with the current economy I don't dare make changes. Given my current creative block, it would be foolish to give it up to make more time for writing , especially since I am not very good at it anyway.  Doubt begins to creep in, along with regret, which leads to resentment.  By the time I arrived at work the DRR was at full throttle!

This morning the light in my foggy, lesion filled brain was switched on by a very dear Internet friend named Mastin Kipp. He is not aware that I consider him a friend or that I quite often find inspiration from his work but each morning I can count on an email from Mastin's beautiful website The Daily Love  The email is filled with inspirational quotes, links to great authors and Mastin's own "Affirmations" for the day. 

Today's Affirmations from Mastin really filled me with such hope and I would like to share it with you here;
" I see life through the lens of abundance!"

"What I see in other's is a reflection of the same in me!"

"I trust my talents and express them fearlessly!"

"I am grateful for change because I know it always brings new energy into my life!"

I plan on saying this to myself everyday, or at least try to.  For some reason, Mastin's e-mail was sent to me at just the right time and I am grateful.   Please visit his page and sign up for this e-mail gem soon!!!

 

3 comments:

  1. "What I see in other's is a reflection of the same in me!"

    "I trust my talents and express them fearlessly!"

    I needed those two right now. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Kristy! Sometimes it is so difficult to see these things. Congrats on being in the spotlight lately! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really cool :) and inspirational. Thanks for posting this =]

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!